Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Sunday 21 February 2010

It's a bird, it's a plane.......

The last time I was on a plane was in 1991. That's quite some time ago. Even so, planes feature in my life. In 2000 we moved to a house that was under the flight path. During the middle of the day the house would suddenly be dark for a split second and then not. That's the moment the plane would be between us and the sun. In summer when we floated in the pool at the end of a hot day we would watch plane after plane travel to the airport. Now we live very close to the airport. So close in fact that I no longer have to drop my Bradley off there when he travels for work. Now he walks. We no longer have the pool to float in and watch planes at the end of the day, but we see them when we float in the sea at the beach. Just like this plane. (No, I haven't been swimming with any expensive electronic equipment this week. That was last week.) I watch planes. Just saying.

1 comment:

Pip said...

The Mister and I watch planes too. We call them freedom birds :) and I call the contrail (or jetstream) a straight cloud. Sometimes they make beautiful patterns in the sky.