Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 15 February 2010

"Give me a home among the gum trees......."

These leaves were part of my view through Cheryl and Ian's window whilst away. (They are friends of Loz and I loved being able to stay in their pretty cottage while we stitched! Thanks guys!) I sat and stitched and loved the gum trees outside the window while I stitched. So very Aussie to me, but I think Cheryl and Ian's neighbours have made their gum trees look even better with their paint job! The green and blue just looked so wonderful together!

Whilst we were there it rained. Not much. But when you live in South Australia, you enjoy every drop of rain that comes your way. We listened to the rain on the roof and ventured outside to smell and feel the rain too! I'm off to sew!

3 comments:

Joolz said...

Nothing beats the smell of rain on hot ground, especially if you are near a gum (eucalypt) tree....except maybe...a chocolate cake cooking in the oven! Ha!

Cheers - Joolz

Leanne said...

Great snaps Kris I too like the colour combo and more rain than a few spots would be appreciated.

Jenny said...

I love the freshness of the leaves against the blue-more rain would be nice!