Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Friday 5 September 2008

The end of the week.

This week has flown by. I am feeling much better, but just about everyone else here feels worse! There is much coughing and some people have even lost their voices. We're a sick and sorry lot. I have been working on my bag swap bag. The photo above shows you what I did with the suffolk puffs. It's that texture thing. The bag is not finished yet, but I am going to finish it off tomorrow and then send it.


Yesterday I made this wheat bag. The wheat was in an old wheat bag that had a hole in it. I made a calico bag to put the wheat in first and then used some flannel scraps to make a pretty cover. I love it. I did have lots of other things to sew, but just needed to finish something quickly so I didn't feel so hopeless! You know, sometimes you just need a little encouragement.

And I was encouraged. I managed to finish the curtains for our living area. Well, okay, not finished completely. I still have to hem the curtains. That's scheduled for tomorrow too. (My living room looks dreadful! The kids had just sorted the clean clothes when I decided I wanted a photo.) So, almost all of my goals achieved this week. The last goals I will be concentrating on on the weekend.

10 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Oh my, it’s the same story overhere! Lots of sick people and virusses flying around!

You’ve made a lot while not feeling well! I love the Suffolk puffs!

Hope you’re on the mend! Happy weekend!

Sarah said...

Oh fabulous you have been so productive - oh and that orgasmic fabric again LOL

Feed everyone lots of fresh crushed and finly chopped garlic in their meals - this should help the immune system...

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

You are making me feel very guilty! You were sick and did a bazillion things -- I feel fine and didn't do ANYTHING!:O) I'm loving that bag that you are making.

Katherine said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you're getting some R&R this weekend and will be back to good health soon.

Love what you've done with the suffolk puffs! Can't wait to see the finish on such a pretty bag.

Have a great weekend and get well soon!

Leanne said...

Glad to hear your feeling better...shame about the rest of the clan...you would never think I could sew seeing your lovely wheat bag ....mine is still got the manky calico cover ......I never did get around to making another one.

Julie said...

Love those Suffolk Puffs! Sounds so much more fancy than YoYos. What a cool bag that will be.

Anonymous said...

In spite of being sick, it looks like you got tons of things done! Great work! I hope the rest of the family is on the mend soon!

Kate said...

Hope you are all feeling better soon!

Bird Bath said...

good to hear you're on the mend. You have been VERY productive! Love the wheat bag colours & the flannel would make it real cosy.

Louise said...

Just love everything you have been making Kris. x