Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 15 September 2008

Bag Swap Bag and a Winner!

Last week was a crazy-busy week. I had so many things on! I worried that I wouldn't get everything done, but I pretty much did. I did finish my bag swap bag and send it off. I hope my swap partner likes it. I was pretty happy with the end result, despite my quandry whilst making it.

It turned out to be quite big and I ended up putting a fabric covered cardboard base in it to give the bag more shape and create a flat bottom.

Of course I also included a zippered pocket inside the bag. I like to have a zippered pocket in all my bags to keep little bits and pieces in. The inside of the pocket has the fabric that I based my stitching pattern on.


The back of the bag is quite plain.

Another reason for very few posts last week was that my camera is STILL at the fix-it shop. It's been there for 4 weeks now, and I kinda think that if they can't fix it in 4 weeks then maybe it just can't be fixed and they should just give me a new one! Over the past 4 weeks I have been borrowing my kids' cameras. Fortunately I have a lot of kids, but last week they all wanted to use their own cameras! Imagine that! Using their own cameras! So this very artistic bag shot was taken by Miss 18. She's studying photography at Uni this semester so I was very privileged to have a "professional" photographer take these photos of my bag.

Now, back to this bag! This is my first ever giveaway (in 213 posts! I mustn't be your typical generous crafting blogger!) and it has been so much fun that I'm sure I'm going to do it again. One of the funnest parts of having a giveaway is visiting the blogs of everyone who leaves a message! I even got to google "random number generator". And the winner is: Sarah! From If only I had chocolate. Congrats Sarah, I will email you later today and request your mailing details.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG

WOW - I cannot believe how lucky I am - me little me - wow.

Oh I wish I was also your bag partner - that bag and fabric are so yummy.

still cannot believe my luck!

YAY

(BIG GRIN HERE)

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

The bag looks great! I love little zipped pockets in mine too.

Pip said...

That bag looks really lovely, a lot of love and care has gone into the making.
Take care.
Pip

maria said...

Hi from a fellow bag swapper.
Your bag is lovely. I'm sure the recipient will be delighted.
Maria x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the bag for the swap - especially the yo yo embellishments!! Miss 18 took a brilliant shot.

Louise said...

Congrats on your over 200 posts and very well done to the winner of your giveaway bag. Much time and effort has gone into making it, what a lovely prize! x