Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 30 October 2007

Blurry photos & more - October in review!

October is just about over. We have just started daylight saving. We have had lots of hot days. Days where the roses looked completely overblown and there was a heat haze rising from the road. Days that felt like it was going to be a hot day at 10am. Our backyard pool is ready for use now and we have been swimming. I love reading northern hemisphere blogs about their October with it's chill and that cold smell in the air. I love winter best of all. But I also love to read southern hemisphere blogs that talk about heat, swimming, and the lack of rain because I feel like I'm there. The whole daylight saving thing is interesting. I don't think I like it, but the reason I don't like it is so silly. To start daylight saving you lose an hour's sleep. Yep. That's it. That's the reason. I think you spend all summer sleep deprived because of that lost hour, because you never seem to be able to catch it up!

If blurry photos are an artform, then I'm an incredible artist. I didn't realise just how many blurry photos I take. This blurry photo is of my sewing desk. These are the things that inspire me. The things I look at when I am sewing and thinking about sewing. Today I finished a jacket for Miss 21 who is overseas. Some friends of ours are going overseas for 5 weeks and are taking a package of our daughter's favourite things with them to save us postage. I sent a grey jacket, black skirt and red beret that I made for her. We also sent some of her favourite things. Chicos, minties, BBQ shapes, malteezers, milo, weetbix and vegemite. Making the jacket was very interesting. It looks like a bought one so I am very pleased with the way it turned out. I have never sewn one before and I was a little daunted by the task but it turned out beautifully. Of course you just have my word for this because I have no photographic evidence. (We were in a rush!)

We spent the weekend moving things around at our house. These shelves of tins were in Bradley's office, but have been moved to my already too tiny kitchen. Perhaps this will spur us on to start work on the kitchen! I love looking at the cans. I love the colours. But I can't wait until they are on shelves with doors infront of them!
This little guy is Miss 15's latest creation. He started life as a dragon pouch that Picklesticks designed for a swap. Miss 15 took Picklesticks design and turned him into a softie. He is a birthday present for a friend's brother who's party is next weekend. Miss 15 is really very good at making softies, but she has little confidence in herself. The dragon will be going to the same home as the zombie chicken she made in September. (You know, like a zombie teddy bear, but it's a chicken!)
On Saturday I managed to finish painting in Mr 13's new room. Well, just the ceiling and walls. The woodwork will be painted after the floating floor has been laid. Mr 13 and my Bradley have been working on the floor so it won't be long and I'll be painting in there again.
The room looks great. Mr 13 can't wait to move in. It will be the first time he has had his own room. One of the reasons I like to blog is so that I have a record of what I have done. Keeping a record of my accomplishments is quite a cheery thing! Sometimes I don't give myself enough credit and I tend to dismiss my accomplishments. That's hard to do when I post them here. October has been a very productive month for me. Roll on November!

No comments: