Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Sunday 30 March 2008

Last week when it was easter.

I know it's a little blurry, but this photo shows the excitment and enthusiasm that Mr 7 has for easter. Well, maybe I really mean chocolate. We had our traditional easter hunt last weekend. The easter hunt remained the same for a long time at our house (about 20 years!) with the easter bunny writing rhymes as clues along the hunt and each child finding a small egg with each clue along the way.


This finding of a clutch of eggs has taught our children to share (we hope!) and the finder makes sure that everyone has an egg. The easter bunny (Bradley) must be getting tired at our house. Last year Miss 21 did the hunt. She used rhyme and the scriptures to link the chocolate to Jesus Christ. This year the easter bunny and I collaborated on the hunt. I decided on one word clues. Yes, we are getting tired!

This is how Miss 11's easter baskets turned out. Beautiful.

(We apologise for this break in transmission. The camera was misplaced immediately after the hunt and I figured that makes it ok to do an easter themed post one week late!)

2 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

I love your tradition. We always had an Easter hunt at home when I was young. My mum always hided the eggs in places she could not remember afterwards. Sometimes we would find chocolate eggs months and months later, like at Christmas time!

Life's little stuff said...

Hey Kris
Sounds like a fun Easter.
I love the sewn bunnies. Very impressed. MnM and I did a doll making course on the weekend and sewing little things is Hard!!
cheers Tina