Friday, 31 July 2009
And the week has finished as a stitching kind of week too! I finished month number 4 of Rosalie Quinlan's "Redwork Christmas" today. I am all redworked out I think. I'm considering what to do next. I have some suffolk puff tinsel to make (I really am getting into Christmas early this year!) and all sorts of other things dancing in my head (like sugar plum fairies). My etsy shop needs some attention and Mrs 25 is encouraging me to make some patterns of my stitching designs. (Ah, more opportunities to become more computer literate!) Not sure what will be happening this weekend. Hopefully there will be sewing!
Wednesday, 29 July 2009
Monday, 27 July 2009
Friday, 17 July 2009
Just incase you hadn't noticed while reading South Australian blogs, I thought I might mention the fact that it has been raining here. We just love rain. We don't usually have much rain normally, but after the past few years of drought we appreciate rain even more than usual. So, we don't get much rain, but it's more that.
- I love the sound of rain on our tin roof.
- Rain smells so good. So fresh.
- Puddles are such fun. And versatile. There's the kind that is perfect for little feet to splash in and the kind just made for cars to splash up onto the footpath. Then there's the kind of puddle that forms a pond and calls to ducks.
- Being inside, warm and dry, is such a cosy feeling when it's cold and wet outside.
- Playing in the rain is exhilarating, and fun! Especially when a hot bath or shower is nearby as a secondary activity.
- Rain makes waterfalls gush and fills our local river with rushing water.
- It also fills our reservoirs so that we can drink and shower.
- Rain makes my garden green. It makes the hills green.
Wednesday, 15 July 2009
Saturday, 11 July 2009
There's an interesting pseudo open space or park near our new house. Miss 23 affectionately dubbed it "the sinkhole" which has stuck. The kids love to go down to the sinkhole and chuck a ball around. Except if it's raining. When it rains the sinkhole becomes the drain that it was always intended to be. It becomes wet. And muddy.
So today on our way to the library to get new library cards ( we moved to the other side of town and have a new library!) I made Bradley stop the car so I could take some photos. Two birds with one stone! Ducks recorded for posterity and new library cards. It has been a good day.
Friday, 10 July 2009
Thursday, 9 July 2009
Wednesday, 8 July 2009
Still here, just not much happening on the creative front. Still getting organised. (Is organisation something I can reasonably expect to happen in this lifetime? Seems not!) It's school holidays here and I am enjoying having everyone home. Mrs 24, her bloke, and grandson are off on holidays with bloke's family. Grandson is having a lovely time with his four cousins! Mr 20 and Miss 19 decided not to move with us to the new house, so we are missing them a lot. I cut Miss 17 and Mr 15's hair tonight (A creative pursuit I guess!) and I made a tablecloth today to put in my new dining room. Oh! And it's July! Time does fly when you're having fun!!! I hope to get a little closer to the sewing machine later this week!