Just incase you hadn't noticed while reading South Australian blogs, I thought I might mention the fact that it has been raining here. We just love rain. We don't usually have much rain normally, but after the past few years of drought we appreciate rain even more than usual. So, we don't get much rain, but it's more that.
- I love the sound of rain on our tin roof.
- Rain smells so good. So fresh.
- Puddles are such fun. And versatile. There's the kind that is perfect for little feet to splash in and the kind just made for cars to splash up onto the footpath. Then there's the kind of puddle that forms a pond and calls to ducks.
- Being inside, warm and dry, is such a cosy feeling when it's cold and wet outside.
- Playing in the rain is exhilarating, and fun! Especially when a hot bath or shower is nearby as a secondary activity.
- Rain makes waterfalls gush and fills our local river with rushing water.
- It also fills our reservoirs so that we can drink and shower.
- Rain makes my garden green. It makes the hills green.