Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Wednesday 17 October 2012

It's Finished! (She said with glee!)

My Bradley, right before holding it up
 I thought I was never going to be able to say that this quilt is finished. Hooray! So glad it's done because I was so done! Here it is, with it's Denyse Schmidt clearance special fabrics I bought from Spotlight.



Here you can see the quilting. Straight lines on the stripey fabric and pebbles in the border.



The squares were made by a bunch of teenagers as an activity at a birthday party. (Oh look! There's one my kid made!)  I am glad to be done. I did choose fabrics I really like thinking that it would be easier to finish if I liked the quilt. I think that worked! Phew! Now on to something else! (I have a list for October!)


4 comments:

Shay said...

Whooo Hooooo Kris. Im sitting here cheering for you. A finish always feels great and I know you felt like this one was taking forever. LOVE the way it all panned out . It was worth taking the time judging by the result.

Onwards and upwards! (I have a list too- it's scarily large !)

Daisy Jayne said...

well done Kris... looks great... all worth it in the end..

Liz said...

Well done, I have great admiration for tenacity and staying power!! I don't think I have either of those when it comes to machine quilting ...looks awesome Kris..
Lizzie
xxx

Jantine said...

Yes, I do remember from time to time. Especially love those days there are no errands to run of kids to drop of at school. Somehow those days are magic and produce lots of time and things done...