Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Saturday 25 February 2012

Finished (almost) One Blouse

This is what I sewed Thursday. A blouse for a granddaughter.

It is from a pattern I bought 27 years ago. (Oh gosh that makes me sound old!!!) I have made lots of these blouses for my little girls, from Mrs 27 through to Miss 15. And for my boys too. With a few alterations this blouse pattern becomes a nightie pattern just right for tiny babies in winter! Now I am stitching it for granddaughters! (One of whom is having a birthday next week and the other who has just mastered the art of pulling herself up on furniture!)

And these are the buttons which make the "almost" necessary in my blog post title. Off to sew some buttons on!

8 comments:

Daisy Jayne said...

Lovely fabric... brings back memories when my dad use to sew for me and my sisiter

Sarah said...

THAT is soooo sweet!

Lotti said...

That is gorgeous fabric, love the colour and she is going to look gorgeous in it. That is such a nice pattern.

Leanne said...

Tooooo cute granny.

Jindi's Cottage said...

So pretty...lovely buttons too...

Pip said...

That is such pretty fabric especially with all the embroidery on it, and the buttons are just going to finish off the blouse perfectly.

Suzanne said...

Like the blouse! I love sewing for the grandkids...fast and uses up smaller pieces of fabric!

Shay said...

That blouse is a classic which is why you're still using the pattern after 27 years. I'd say you got your moneys worth!

Lovely (almost ) finish . The buttons add a wonderful touch of cute to an already gorgeous article of clothing.