Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 30 January 2012

I guess I must be moving.....

.... because I packed today rather than sewed. It took me a while to get into it. I had to watch the rain first.

It was pouring! After a couple of hot days here in Melbourne it was lovely to see. Then after I had packed one box I had to tweet about it.

Then check twitter. Then my email. Then I had to have lunch. Then find a DVD to put on. You know how it is. Then finally I really started. So the most important rooms are packed. The sewing room and the lounge room. (Where all the hand stitching happens!) Tomorrow more packing awaits. Perhaps if I get stuck into it early tomorrow I might have time to sew a little!

4 comments:

Lotti said...

I've don't it so many times and I hate having to pack up to move. I know that in about 5 yrs time I will be moving to Tasmania to live and so I will have to confront packing up, throwing out, decluttering and all that stuff then. Maybe I should get started now and by the time it comes around I'll be rid of most of the junk that I have around here. Good luck with the move. Hope the house you are moving too is a good one.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I have been looking for boxes, because we might be moving some 2200 miles away in about 6 months or so, it will take me that long to go through everything and do a serious PURGE. I am very looking forward to it, just for the purging aspect of it all. But I don't just have packing and purging to do, I am in the middle of a house remodel, that I have to finish so I can sell that house, and then fix our own house too to sell this one as well. Plus I work 50+ hours a week. This year is going to FLLLLYYYYY by so fast, I just know it.

Pip said...

It's a start, first do some packing, then after you have done what seems a reasonable amount, you deserve a reward, so then you can do some sewing :)

Shay said...

I had that kind of day too...was going to sew but had to do emails first . Was going to wash but decided to clean out the fridge.

At least you got some packing done in the end. My washing is still sitting in a basket waiting for the fairies to hang it out.