Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Gingernut Biscuits and Painting.


Gingernut Biscuits
They look much more delicious in real life than in this photo. It's a bit overcast today, perhaps that's why they look so insipid in this photo. I was madly sewing away on my Kate Spain "Good Fortune" quilt today when I felt the need for sustenance of a sweet, crunchy type. (And a hot milo.) So I made gingernut biscuits. A double batch, of course, because there are seven of us living here. The recipe said a double batch would make 100 biscuits. I got 90-odd. I was quite pleased with that. They must be close to the suggested size! They are yummy. (So was the hot milo.)

Miss 19, on a chair, painting.

I am sewing today. Miss 14 is sewing. (Covers for her folders for school. She believes every folder deserves a fabric cover.) Miss 25 is doing the work I should be doing (yay her!) loading items to eBay. My Bradley is busy working. Mr 17 is playing x-box. Mr 11 is alternating between shooting hoops, watching iview, playing xbox, wandering and eating. Miss 19 is painting something mysterious in a corner of the kitchen. I haven't looked because she doesn't want me too. It's a busy day here with lots of creative energy!

5 comments:

Jantine said...

Mmm, this sounds like a perfect day!

Lotti said...

Those Gingernut biscuits look really yummy, insipid or not.

seabreezequilts said...

Very busy at your place.... I should be getting ready for work instead I am..... procrastinating.

Shay said...

I love gingernuts. If you have any leftovers post them my way !

Leanne said...

I have meet most of your kids but don't remember Miss 19 being a midget, or is the easel very large.