Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Gypsy Rose Finish

Finished! This one was harder to finish. Just couldn't get the quilting right. Three attempts and unpickings later...... I put it aside for a day, then finished it today. Everything was better today. What was the difference? I don't know! Anyway, it is finished now and I like it. These latest two quilts are just small quilts. (32ish x 42ish?) Quite achievable, if you don't throw them across the room and lose them or stash them in a box because the quilting just doesn't seem to be happening. (This is my latest helpful hint for quilters. If you want to finish a quilt, you have to work on it. Obvious to some, but a helpful hint for others!) This was the second quilt I basted last week and now I need to baste some more. (I have two waiting next to my basting table) I want some other finishes to happen this week too. Aprons? Softies? Dresses? Bags? Hmm.......

7 comments:

Leanne said...

You are going to be a busy beaver. I like the quilt

Lorraine said...

nice work! wow....who knew you had to work on stuff in order to finish it....so that's what I need to do.....thanks!!

Pip said...

Sometimes when things aren't going right the best thing to do is leave it and come back to it another day or even another year :) You're going great, 2 finishes all ready.

Jantine said...

You are in a sewing mood! Love this quilt. Strange is it, one day it doesn't work and the next is does. Maybe sewing machines have days off too....

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

It looks great - glad the quilting came together for you.

Shay said...

I have days like that too, where even though I think I'm in a quilting mood I'm obviously not because nothing goes right.

On those days I use the chuck and swear method too!

It turned out beautifully and you're on fire with all these quilty finishes. I feel quite slack next to you !

Yeah I know- it's not a competition. I'm just feeling overwhelmed with projects and responsibiltiies at the moment.

Unknown said...

Love the Fabrics in this one...Your on a Roll!!..Great Job.
cheers