Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Friday 2 October 2015

Finishes

Friday! My how the week passes! I sat in front of the computer on Monday morning to write a blogpost, and now it's Friday! (I haven't been sitting here all week - it just feels like it!) So, here's my Monday blogpost about my finishes from last week.


My first finish was a chevron quilt I started last year when we were living in North Adelaide. My daughter Jessica quilted it for me and I finally bound it!


I used a Bonnie and Camille diagonal stripe to bind it. It made really lovely binding. I bought a metre of this fabric from Lenora at Elm Grove Patchwork in Nullewarre Victoria. I made it all up into binding and used it for the two quilts I finished last week.


This is the chevron quilt up close on my clothesline after being washed. I love the quilting that Jess did for me.



The second quilt I finished was my beehive beauty that I assembled from the blocks I was sent by my swarmies. I joined the Instagram bee run by Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts and I chose the double star block designed by Christa at Christa Quilts I love how it turned out. This is me quilting the quilt. Even though I did a lot of straight line quilting I did it all free motion. (Hence they are wonky straight lines, but exactly what I was looking for.)


Quilted, trimmed and ready to bind. Did I mention that I love this binding?


I backed this quilt with a Denyse Schmidt fabric. It looked awesome with the binding too!


Here it is on the clothesline. Wet and scrunched up from the washing machine.


And here it is in it's intended place above my bed. Yeah. I'm not much into making my bed. Perhaps I should have cropped that shot? Oh well. I love it. I love the colours and I am thrilled with the quilting. Next up I have a couple of quilts in various stages of finish that I want to use on my bed. One is together as a top and the other is blocks. It will be a while before I get to them I think. They will be big quilts and I need to do some more quilting practice on little quilts before I start to quilt them. If I'm looking at them every day I will want to love the quilting on them!

clothesline view

4 comments:

Dina said...

I really like the clothes-line shot of both quilts. Lovely.

Joolz said...

I love both but the swap quilt is really lovely!

Suzanne said...

It fits just perfect above your bed and the colors a so bright and happy! Great finishes!

Barbie G said...

Hi Kris - I'm a big fan of striped binding, always looks good & finishes off a quilt just so. Particularly like the Chevron quilt..what pattern is it or one of your own ?? U have inspired me to get some "finishes" done...far too many things on the go at the moment. Barbie Graham