Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Sunday 12 April 2009

Slow Cooker

No. This isn't a photo from the 70's! This is really my kitchen (pine cupboards/lime benchtops which was made in the 70's I'm pretty sure). And the new appliance in the photo is not a crockpot, but a modern slow cooker! My Mum had a crockpot in the seventies and I remember pot roasts that she cooked in it. I have been thinking about getting one for a while now and on Saturday when Bradley and I were wandering the appliance aisles looking for a new toaster, (Ours died. It must have been all those hot cross buns!) we both wanted to get one at the same time, so we did. This morning I put food in it for the first time and it has been cooking away all day. It's pretty exciting, but I'm not sure what it will taste like! I'm sure Bradley was thinking that if he bought it I would quilt all day and there would still be dinner! ('Cause he knows that I am going to quilt all day, no matter what!) We'll see. So far it's been very un-labour-intensive. It might just work!

And see, it's just like real food! Bubbling away there under those vegies are chicken pieces. Of course, I am also cooking lamb soup tonight. (The result of a webbered roast lamb dinner last night.) I just can't resist making stock after a roast! Soup is my favourite food I think. Enjoy the rest of your easter!

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

......and I can't wait for the cold weather to arrive so I can make pots of soup to enjoy with toast and lashings of butter....oh ....perhaps I better leave out the lashings of butter...LOL...I have a slow cooker..bought it last year and it is fab! and I can quilt all day and smell yummy food cooking and dish up a decent meal at night....can't go wrong with that! Corned beef in the slow cooker is also a good standby!

Lurline said...

You will love your slow-cooker, Kris and there are quite a few nice casserole bases in the shops for slow-cookers - way to go - we are here for a good time, not a long time!
Hugs - Lurline♥

picklesticks said...

It looks great, and I am sure it will taste good. I love the thought of being able to quilt all day and there still be dinner!

Lucky-1 said...

I so love our "crock-pot" its now 25 years old.

Chookyblue...... said...

so many posts to catch up on .......bags, stitching and the zoo.......all sounds wonderful except the 11lbs.....lol.......
I have a crock pot and I love it........I use it quite a bit in winter........wonderful when cold to smell something cooking away all day.......and my kids love it all......they say can we have some "soft meat"........casserole.....

Bird Bath said...

Oh I got one of those for my birthday last week. I must have mentioned my interest in crockpots a few months ago and would you believe it someone must have been listening!!
The lamb soup sounds delicous...I think I need to find a few more recipes to use. I had success with the corned beef but the curry was not so good.

Louise said...

I had a slow cooker when I first set up home. It was so handy to leave on all day whilst at work. I sold it, and I can't for the life of me think why? I like your lime worktop! x