Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 2 March 2009

Big night out?

So, I applied her face and I am less than happy. I thought I would be clever and utilise my 2008 learned skill, colourque. I used my new derwent "inktense" pencils. Who knew their colour would be intense. (Okay, I'm playing dumb here, obviously!) She looks like she had a big night out on the town and went to bed without removing her make-up.

These photos were taken after she had had a swim in my front loader, and I had "fixed" her up a bit with a white inktense pencil. Hmm... it's all experience, isn't it? Next time I would paint her face on with some fabric paint. Still may do that to "rescue" her.

10 comments:

Levin said...

alternatively you could use fabric markers. i got some from an art supply shop and they work very well and are easy to apply.
i still think she looks adorable though - well done ;)
l
x

Lurline said...

Leave the poor little girl alone - she looks happy - I think she has a cute face!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Sarah said...

Well I think she looks georgeous!

Lotti said...

Kris....you have just given me such a good laugh......I love the dialogue here. I think she looks cute....I think you've done a pretty good job. If you've never painted a dolls face before you've done a pretty good job.

Jantine said...

She has a lovely face! Idea for the next doll... paint her face before sewing and stuffing... You can make as many faces as you like!

Leanne said...

It is all a learning curve she still looks cute and like US all she will fade.

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

I think she looks great - but don't you just hate when things are going great and then all of a sudden it's ... oopsie shouldn't have done that! :O) It would seem your rescue mission was a success though!

Katherine said...

You had me chuckling, Kris. I think your doll looks sweet.

Louise said...

Dolly's face looks nice enough to me. x

Nell said...

Just an idea but could you embroider over her face with some softer embroidery colours? If you are really not happy with her face then that is what I would try.