Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Sunday 28 December 2008

Adelaide Zoo


We got zoo membership! We haven't had zoo membership for a while. I really love having zoo membership. It means we get free entry to the zoo every day for a year. We can go every day if we desire. Of course, we don't go every day! We only have to go four times for it to be worth it, but we go many more times than that. We can also use our membership at Monarto Zoo and a range of zoos throughout Australia. Adelaide Zoo is a very pretty place to go and sometimes we will go there for a picnic because the grounds are just so beautiful. Lots of shady trees and seats and tables. It has changed a lot over the years and is undergoing big changes at the moment as a new exhibit is being prepared for the giant pandas which are coming at the end of 2009 from China.
Yesterday we used our zoo membership for the first time. Miss 16, Mr 8 and I went to the zoo. I think the giraffes are my favourites. Mr 8 likes everything. I'm not sure which animals Miss 16 is partial to. Mr 8 was most excited by a skink (lizard) he saw on the wall of the new lemur exhibit! I forgot to take my camera with me so I have used some photos from the Adelaide Zoo website. Hopefully I will remember my camera next time!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Oh you got Orangutans, I love them

love and hugs Gina xxx

Bird Bath said...

Oh we went to the zoo on boxing day and had a lovely time. So wonderful to see my youngest wide eyed at all the animals...I think I heard her gasp at the giraffes - they are pretty awesome :)

I'm keen to see the pandas arrive - we are sure to check them out when they get here.