Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Wednesday 22 October 2008

Mr 7's Birthday! (Or hello Mr 8!)

This week saw Mr 7 become Mr 8. Crazy, huh? Time flies! Hard to believe that my baby is 8 years old now. His greatest wish for his birthday was to spend it with some homeschooling friends at their house. A big ask I thought, but this homeschooling Mum made it a beautiful day for my Mr 8 and he had a wonderful time. The Jedi costume was a present and they made the most of it by being Jedi Warriors most of the day. (As you do)

Even when they played "pin the moustache on Darth Vadar" (a game invented by Miss 11). It was a glorious day and Mr 8 had a wonderful time. (Check out the vintage tablecloth we used as a blindfold!)

So now he's even older.

10 comments:

corry said...

Happy birthday to Mr 8! Looks like he had a marvelous party!

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

Oooo, happy birthday to Mr 8! Yikes. Having my own baby just turn 8 in September, I feel your pain girlfriend! :O) We CAN NOT be getting that old that our baby is 8! Am I right?! :O) Maybe I should have another one...aaaah, scratch that -- I'll take old. :O) It looks like he had the best day! What fun.

Jenny said...

Time sure does fly and they grow up so so quickly. It looks like he had a womderful day-life is good when you're 8 for sure!

Lorraine said...

Happy birthday Mr 8!! My "baby" will be 24 in a couple of weeks!! Now that is some serious time that has flown by! He is resigned to the fact that I will always refer to him as my "baby"...because he is the youngest and he will always be the youngest.......!

Julie said...

What a fun day for Mr. 8!!

lera said...

Happy birthday to Mr. 8! What an exciting age!

Lotti said...

Happy birthday Mr. 8 - love the outfit....very cool.

Lotti said...

By the way.....love the game.....very clever Miss 11!!!

Levin said...

we are all star wars mad here too! i'm supposed to make jedi robes for julian and louis. julian was lucky enough to get not one, but six light sabers for his birthday. this ensures that no one misses out! naturally it was an accident.
happy birthday mr 8 - hope being 8 is absolutely fabulous!
l
x

Katherine said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Mr. 8!
Love the Jedi costume and pin the moustache on Vader game.