Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 20 October 2008

Helen Stubbings and Colourque Technique

I don't know if I've told you this before, but I went to a Helen Stubbings workshop!!! I had a great time (did you know that?) This is the block I was working on. No wonder I had a great time, this technique combines drawing (one of my favourite things) with fabric (oh! another of my favourite things!). I can see me using this for all sorts of things. Helen has a block of the month baltimore style quilt (Nienee's Garden) using this technique and I am so tempted to do it! I looooooooooove baltimore quilts, but I really don't get on well with applique so her quilt would be perfect for me! Hmmm....... perhaps I'll have to make a trip to the patchwork apple! (Watch out Jane!)

12 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the block you are working on-and it looks like you had a very lovely day. The cupcakes look scrumptious and I love the array of cups and saucers!

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

That is such a cute block! Please! You not able to do applique?! The way you sew -- you just don't want to show up the teacher! :O)

Deb said...

Kris,
This is goregous. This would make a lovely wall block--something to consider in your spare time perhaps (hehe)

Jo in TAS said...

Colourin in is very therapeutic. Helen is very talented!

Sarah said...

Oh and the ideas are endless! I am sure Helen showed you her piece where she coloured in a letter and stitched around it - so cool - it looks satined stitched.

Lorraine said...

oh and where did you sit at the workshop????? Huh!??? who had the lucky goodie bag...????!!!!....I haven't finished my stitching yet....might try colouring in some cupcakes tonight...I was in bed before the chooks last night...I was pretty tired..we old grannies struggle sometimes....lovely to catch up on Sunday....!

Jo-Anne said...

Lucky you! It sounds like it was a wonderuful work shop. I can't wait to see the finished quilt. (no pressure!)
Your day at the beach looked wonderful, too! Such beautiful children you have!

Katherine said...

Wow! This block is fantastic. I can already picture this as part of a quilt, Kris.
Sounds like a wonderful workshop and I love the cupcakes to go with the theme. They look too pretty to eat!

Levin said...

wow - your block looks gorgeous. sounds like you all had fun on sunday and the cakes look divine.
l
x

The Patchwork Apple- Jane..... Visit www.patchworkapple.com said...

Your colourque is wonderful!
A natural. 'Neenies Garden' is waiting for you!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Kris...saw you on Helen's blog with you holding up your Gorgeous block...nice to put a name to the face...
cheers
maree

Karen said...

Your block is beautiful. I have been reading about the technique and want to try it.