Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 9 April 2013

A Day in the Country

 So today I had a day in the country. At Millrose Cottage to be specific. A couple of weeks ago I read about a great class that Jodie Carleton (of ricrac fame) was running at Ballan. The class not only involved the talented Jodie, but also a Gocco Printing machine. Be still my beating heart! I have wanted to use one of those printing machines since the 80's. Jodie was doing a bit of advertising for the class via her blog and I was certain I wanted to go. The only catch? It was a kids class. Cool. I have kids. We would be there! So today my little girl (picklesticks) and I drove to Ballan for a printing class. (After leaving her little girls and boy with their Aunts and Uncles.)

my little girl at work
We had the best time. Jodie was just as lovely as her reputation and the Gocco was every bit as wonderful as I dreamt it would be.

wet prints drying

And Millrose Cottage was lovely too. I got a great book and Jess got some lovely fabric. And we printed stuff! Jodie is a genius and made it so that we each got a piece of everyone's printing. Now I just have to work out what to make with it all!

7 comments:

Liz said...

glad you both had a great day Kris and it was lovely to meet you finally...
Lizzie
xxx

Shay said...

Sounds like a fabulous day Kris. So are you running out to buy one of the new fangled printer thingies now?

MarneyMay said...

Wow looks like fun.

Cheers Pauline

Lorraine said...

I wasn't going to read this post after I found out where you were since I was green with envy...but couldn't resist! I love Jodie's work and read about the Gocco machine but am confused as it seems they are not on the market any more?? ...mind you it is easy for me to become confused! will chat on the weekend!

Deb R said...

Looks like a great day!

Suzanne said...

What a fun Mother and Daughter outing!

Leanne said...

Lets face it we are all kids at heart. That Jodie is a gem, glad you had a great day.