Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Saturday 9 June 2012

A day of it.

So this morning started with a decision to go to Ikea, to look for a new bed in As Is. Just in case there was one for a good price that wanted to be bought. One new bed later, we headed home. (There was one for a great price in As Is!) This afternoon we had to go to Spotlight for a bargain price mattress topper. (Do you want one for $100 off? Hmm...? Okay.) As we drove home from Spotlight Miss 25 and I mused that Ikea in the morning and Spotlight in the afternoon made it pretty much our favourite day ever. Could it get any better? Then we remembered...


This was on it's way to us today too! Mrs 27, her bloke and all three gorgeous grandchildren spent today driving to our house. (We have them for a couple of weeks or so!) After their arrival (much excitement, hugs and kisses) and some dinner, this is what is happening at my house. Knitting! Mrs 27 is knitting a cardigan for that baby in the sling on her front, Miss 25 is knitting another cardigan for that same baby, and Miss 15 is knitting a hat for granddaughter. All in all a day of wonderfulness.


As for me, I am still working on this. And there is still more secret sewing to be done! I tend to slow down in the sewing stakes when I have a houseful of visitors. (At the moment we have six extras. It makes for lots more work!) I have a list of things I want to finish in June, so I will be concentrating hard! Off to fill the dishwasher for a second time tonight! (Well, there are 13 of us here!)

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh a perfect day......esp with the family arriving......one day I will get to Ikea.........

Shay said...

I'm with you Kris. Ikea and Spotlight would be my perfect day out too. Then to come home and have craftiness going on would be the icing on the cake.

I bet you're enjoying having a full house even if you do have to run the dishwasher more often!

Sarah said...

Really Kris - I think you will get to bored and lonley if you did not have a full house!

Sounds like a pretty good day to me!

Lotti said...

Spolight, Ikea, love it. I haven't been to Ikea for ages. Think it's time for a visit. sounds like a nice time having family home with you. Have fun.

Suzanne said...

I love when we have a house full of kids and babies! Enjoy!

Daisy Jayne said...

What a great day out and to top it off with the grand children...