Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 19 March 2012

More Quilting

Oh how I love quilting! It is really something for me to be able to say that. I used to be scared of quilting and really felt I was a "topper". I still looove to make quilt tops, piecing is so much fun, but I am beginning to love the quilting process too. One of my favourite books is "Quilting Makes the Quilt" by Lee Cleland and it's title is just so true. Up until you quilt it, it is just fabric. Once you get the three layers held together, magic happens! Anyway, here is some more of today's magic.

Rainbow Road (27"x26") quilted and binding just waiting to be attached.

Drunkard's path bound with solid yellow and backed with red with white spots. I love having red on the back. As a table topper we will rarely see it, but I will know its there!

4 comments:

Karen said...

OHHHH I love your table topper (& the red polka dot is perfect!) :)

Shay said...

I think Im still a topper....love the hushabye quilt Kris.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the Quilting...Satisfaction!
Love your Table Toppers..
cheers

Cath said...

I love the colours in your Rainbow Road. I am mainly a topper even though I have several quilting books but it all depends on the size of course. Thanks for the suggestion of Lee's book. I will look it up and see if I can still get a copy.
Cath
@Bits 'n Bobs