Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Today I quilted - Blogtober

Just beginning to quilt
Quilting in progress

I basted my two "Tis the Season" quilts this morning and then began to quilt. It is school holidays here, which means no school run and friends over to amuse the kids. Well, the boys had friends over and played Yu-gi-oh and Magic the Gathering card games. Miss 14 amused herself with some homework and some jewellery making. My Bradley had a country trip to do, but said he would shop for and make dinner for the 10 of us who were eating here tonight. So I just quilted and quilted! It was a lovely day!

A pieced back
The finished "Tis the Season"
 And I managed to finish my first Tis the Season quilt. I love it. I am really pleased with it. The second quilt is sitting on my machine right now waiting for me to quilt it tomorrow. Tomorrow looks like it's going to be a fun day too!

7 comments:

Shay said...

Luxury! A whole day of quilting and dinner cooked for the clan too!

This is the one I've been waiting to see because the colours are so pretty. It's breathtaking.

Have fun tomorrow....

Suzanne said...

How nice to have a day to quilt!

Chookyblue...... said...

lucky September has so many extra days this year.......LOL.......love the quilt.........goodluck with quilting the other one today.......once it is finished you can go pick out the fabrics for the new SAL...........lol........

Pip said...

Quilting heaven - having someone cook dinner for you (especially for 10 people)

Frogdancer said...

That's a lovely quilt. Well done.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh wow....your TTS is just so lovely...

Jindi's Cottage said...

I am loving the blue/green combo!...and the fun fabrics...