Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Saturday 26 February 2011

Sewing at my new house.

This is my sewing room. The room is quite nice. It's just the furnishings that leave a little to be desired! I have my little sewing machine (The one I take to classes. We all have several, don't we?) and my little iron. I have been sewing with a camping chair, but managed to pick this one up from Kmart today for $8. Much more satisfactory. Not as low as the camping chair! I also picked up a fat quarter pack of flannel from Lincraft today and I'm in the process of making a shaggy flannel bunny rug.

That's just like a shaggy flannel quilt, but without the batting. Eventually, this will be a very nice sewing room. Once I put all my good stuff in it. Well, maybe not ALL my stuff. This living without stuff makes you think that maybe you have too much stuff. And maybe you will be careful about what you put in your house when the stuff actually gets here. Maybe.

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Nice sewing room....it has the essentials...a table, chair, sewing machine, fabric and most importantly YOU! By the time you get your "stuff" you will have a whole new stash...LOL

Shay said...

I know that you could have a darning needle and a beanbag and still manage to make beautiful things.

Nice to see you're settling in. And I'm so glad you have a wonderful space with the essentials so you can get crafty!)

And yes I do think most of us have too much stuff ! It's not until you're living without it that you realise. Which reminds me my wine glasses are still boxed (goes to show how often we drink wine - theyve been boxed since July!)

Chookyblue...... said...

we all make the best of a situation........so long as you can sew.........

Pip said...

That's the main thing, you can sew and by the time all your stuff get's to you it will be like a mini Christmas as you unpack it all.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your new space...
cheers