Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Snappy Friends challenge - bark!

Over the weekend we moved to Melbourne. (Finally!) It's quite strange being "between" houses. We are staying in a caravan park in our tent. (The kids think we are on holidays, but it feels a tad "homeless" to me!) Chookyblue has started up the Snappy Friends challenges again and my caravan park has "bark" so I am off and running.




The gum trees with all the bark hanging off them are amazing. Birds love these trees because the hanging bark offers a wealth of homes for insect life. The last photo shows the casing of an insect of some description attached to the bark.

11 comments:

Lurline said...

Great pics, Kris - thrille by Donna's, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Pip said...

I read bark and thought of a dog bark :)
it's that time of year, there are trees shedding bark everywhere, revealing their new skins.

simplestitches said...

great pics Kris.
that looks like a cicada shell hanging off the tree, one of my girls found one earlier this summer on our gate post. quite amazing!
cheers Julz
PS, You'll love Melbourne and it's weather...never quite know what your gonna get! always take a jumper even if it's 40 degrees....

Lorraine said...

Oh enjyoy the break from vacuuming and dusting....get out the camp chair and stitch! I think the kids have the right idea treating it as a holiday....my biggest put-off with camping is the trek to the ablution block! Hope you aren't too far away! Great pics....hope the house hunting is going well.

Shay said...

I like the way you say "I moved to Melbourne on the weekend " like I might say " I cooked bacon and eggs last weekend "....

Enjoy camping out. I hope you find a wonderful new home soon. This is a new adventure.

Leanne said...

Mmmm camping....... it is not my idea of fun. Hope you are not homeless for long. Love the 3rd photo.

Lotti said...

Camping .... now that sounds like my idea of relaxation .. so yeah I would think of it as a holiday ... don't worry you'll find something soon enough. The photos are great ... what sort of camera do you have ... point and snap or SLR

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

your homeless comment had me laughing out loud! you are so damn funny. I'm glad you have sort of moved - it's a step in the right direction. Hope you find a more permanent place to live very soon. I love camping too but it can get old. Beautiful photo of the tree.

The Patchwork Apple- Jane..... Visit www.patchworkapple.com said...

Im sad that you have moved....
Happy house hunting..at least its good weather to be camping.
Look after yourselves.

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh Kris hope you find a house really soon.......the "holiday" feel will only last so long.......
the pics of the bark are great

Louise said...

Love those gum trees! Would they be the same one Koalas love? You must think of yourself on holiday. It will probably be over all too soon! x