Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 12 January 2010

A heatwave = flannel quilt making

I was reading blogs today (a daily occurance!) and came across this post at Dancing with Frogs.
Here it is. Only in Australia would a quilt be held up getting photographed on a 43C/109F day!!! It made me ponder just what I had been doing whilst keeping cool during this heatwave. Yep, I have been sewing a flannel quilt for Miss 12. It sounds crazy, doesn't it? I put the air conditioner on, sit at the sewing machine, flick on my little fan and start sewing. Perhaps it is not so much crazy as a statement of hope. "I'm making this because it WILL be cool again one day". Like my friend's preschooler who spent yesterday in gum boots because she was sick of it being hot! So, this is my latest project. A butterfly fling flannel quilt. I am 1/3 of the way through it and am enjoying sewing it! I love butterfly fling!

4 comments:

maria said...

I don't know what is worse, your intense heat or our snow and freezing cold. We have had snow in the UK since before christmas which is unusual for us and I'm getting fed up with it now. Take care.

Gina said...

Send the heat over quick. we are freezing over here. Blizzards again tonight for us in Wales. I'm so glad I've got a couple of quilts to cuddle up under

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Frogdancer said...

I think you're right about why we sew quilts during a heat wave. Actually, there's another reason. It might be really hot to be sewing... but it's by FAR too hot to knit!

(I'll never get my knitted rug finished at this rate!)

Pip said...

Yep, sewing a quilt here as well, it was the only coolish, (productive) thing I could find to do, although I did do a bit of crochet (with cotton) as well.