Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Wednesday 29 July 2009

Stitching

I had a stitching kind of weekend and it's been a stitching week so far too! A couple of weeks ago I went with Miss 23 to a hospital appointment where we had to wait... and wait... and wait. (Sometimes it's like that!) For some strange reason I didn't have any stitching with me and felt sad that I had lost such a wonderful opportunity to stitch, so I came home and prepared a Rosalie Quinlan Block of the Month to stitch next time! Well, next time was last Friday. Mr 15 was helping me prepare pumpkin soup when the knife slipped and some of his finger got chopped off. (Not very much finger thank goodness) I took a look at the piece of finger in his hand and realised that we needed a hospital, not a bandaid. In the panic to get out of the house I left the stitching home! His finger required surgery (a skingraft) and an overnight stay so there was plenty of opportunity for stitching! I finished the stitchery today and will be preparing another one for more stitching tonight. I loooooooooooooooove to stitch!



10 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Ouch! He must've taken off a pretty good chunk!
Gorgeous stitchery. Perhaps you should put an emergency one in the glovebox, and then pray that you never have to stitch it!!

Lurline said...

Poor Mr15 - what bad luck - hope he is healing! Always be prepared - so they say!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

was thinking the same as JO..maybe you should keep a kit in the car just for when you have some time up your sleeve...
Hope mr.15 is healing well & hasn't deterred him from cooking..

Stina Blomgren said...

Aooouuuch... hope both your kids are on the mend...
... and aint that typical.. leaving the prepared stitchery at home... :o)
But I guess you went home and got it... its wonderful!!
Yake care of your sweethearts.. hope for quick recovery!

Deb said...

Ow,poor son. Hopefully son and daughter are okay or getting there. Your stitchery is lovely Kris. Thats why I am enjoying my Leanne's House BOM as I can prepare the blocks and carry them for stitching. I don't think you will forget again, I can visualise there has been one put into your bag already!

Gina said...

I hope Mr 15 is Ok after his experience.
I love the stitchery

Love and hugs Gina xxx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope everyone is making a speedy recovery and you won't need to have any more hospital stitching time for a while!! Your stitcheries are beautiful.

Chookyblue...... said...

still giving me the shivers thinking about the finger.........beautiful stitchery.....maybe you need a stitchery bag in the car...........I do that when i have the bus run.........always have something on hand.....

Lotti said...

Kristin, this is beautiful stitching and I love it. I would love to be this good at stitching.....so nice. I hate going out without a book as if I have to sit at an appt anywhere I can't stand having nothing to do. xoxo

MissyMack said...

Ouch!! Hope Mr 15 is feeling better soon!!
Your stitchery looks lovely! I'm such a fan of red and cream together.