Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Saturday 8 March 2008

W I P & Sewathon

Here is the baby rug I'm working on at the moment. I think it's the only crafty thing I worked on last week. It's growing little by little. I think I'm about halfway there.

The first photo shows the "right" side. I think I like the "wrong" side better. Dots and dashes. Which do you like?


I was inspired by Amanda Jean's quiltathon weekend (Crazy Mom Quilts) last weekend. She finished an amazing amount of quilting and I thought what a great way to get some concentrated work done! This weekend is a long weekend in Adelaide (Adelaide Cup day) so I decided to have a sewathon this weekend. I guess I really should be sewing now, but I have 3 days so I'm pacing myself. Last night I started cutting out and began sewing. It's a hot weekend (39 degrees at our house today) so today I split my time between sewing and swimming (ie cooling off!). I made a top for Miss 11 from $3 a metre quilting cotton from Spotlight. I also made a nightie for me, but there's no photo because it doesn't fit! I am most disappointed. I have figured out how I will fix it, but thought I would do that tomorrow when I'm fresh. I am also working on a shirt for Mrs 23. Hopefully I will get some more garments finished before Monday night! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

LOVE the little top. so sweet! enjoy your sew-a-thon. :)

Bird Bath said...

Blankie looks great both sides...probaly both sides will show when baby origami is in action:) Have fun creating.

Alice Grace said...

Beautiful top! I love your choice of fabric for it.