Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 12 February 2008

Knitting

I have gone from not considering myself to be a knitter to enjoying it immensely. I don't know if I have mentioned this before or not, but I am a brilliant crotcheter. I don't talk about it because my crotcheting days are over. I have arthritis and cannot crotchet without pain. I gave it up two years ago and my hands feel much better for it. Knitting doesn't cause me the same physical symptoms so I'm growing to love it. I have finished knitting the striped trousers I posted about, but have yet to sew them up. Don't think that counts as finished!


Mrs 23 and I bought some baby knitting books on the weekend. I think she is feeling a little better and thinks she just might be able to knit something for her little boy. She is in love with the green overalls. We both love the pink jacket and I love the rug.

I have crotcheted rugs for lots of babies and it feels strange not to be making one for my new grandson, so I've decided to get big and brave and knit a rug. I love this rug. It's garter stitch! Even I should be able to do that!

I have started on some garter stitch booties. They are so cute! And simple. I'm working on the second one at the moment. This is the reason why I think I wouldn't be very good at socks. It's hard to knit a second one!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

What lovely baby knit patterns! That grandbaby is going to be so cozy in his handknitted togs. You know, knitting socks for babes is not so bad. I tackled them before I was willing to attempt knitting socks for my own feet. It's way quicker to knit for babes and then the first sock just looks so adorable that you can't resist knitting the second one...

Anonymous said...

I really respect people who can knit - something that I have never been able to master. I always do my purl row tighter in tension that my knit rows and everything I try ends up wonky!! I have retired my knitting needles now!! Glad to hear you are thinking of starting a scrappy cabin quilt - they really are so much fun and the extension helps a lot!!! =)

Amanda Jean said...

that looks like an adorable knitting book! I love that little reddish cardigan. how sweet!

Life's little stuff said...

Yep I often get second sock syndrome . I think I could make a few harlequin sets of socks LOL but you never know till you try. There's a method where you use 2 circulars and knit both at the same time. Sounds way weird and complex but that's a goal of mine to try. I'll let you know if it works or if I'm completely crap at it.
seeya soon Tina