Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 24 September 2012

I could do with some sunshine!



This photo was taken this afternoon. One moment there was sunshine, and the next I took this photo! I finished the Sunshine quilt top and had my Bradley model it in the yard. It's ready for basting (I've already cut the backing!) and then I am going to do some awesome free motion quilting on it. I have recently purchased a couple of online Craftsy classes. I did an online class in February this year with Rachel Hauser which was taught via a blog with video tutorials. I quite liked that style of teaching. I tried all sorts of things I had never done before. It was value for money I thought. Then I heard about the Craftsy classes which are taught via video tutorial. I bought a class called "Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine" (I am nothing if not ambitious!) to try it out. Once you buy a Craftsy class you always have access to the video lessons which means you can work at your own pace through the tutorials. So I bought three more classes which included "Machine Quilting Negative Space"and now I feel FMQ confident! (Hopefully I will be able to do some awesome free motion quilting) Watch this space for something finished.

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

it was very dark very fast.........lovely quilt.........goodluck with the quilting.......

Lorraine said...

Sunshine coming your way....I know...because it's here today! Those online classes seem like a great idea....I like to work things thru at my own pace....which is sometimes decidedly slow! I am sure your machine quilting will be awesome....just like you! :)