Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Saturday 15 September 2012

All things Christmas


the nativity Sophie designed this week
We have been thinking about getting organised for Christmas for weeks now. Ever since we started hearing people talking about "Christmas in July". This week however, Christmas has been thrust upon us. Sophie (Miss 26) was asked to design a nativity wall hanging. And make 20 wall hangings. She took the challenge on and this is the start of her nativity. It's very simple and very sweet, and it makes me think about Christmas. I have stated my aim to have a handmade Christmas this year here before. I just need to make sure I start in time! So today, I packed away the quilt I am in the middle of quilting (I am so OVER it! I just need a little break from it. I'm sure I'll finish it e-v-e-n-t-u-a-l-l-y - is that how procrastination is spelt?) and "poured" some Christmas fabrics on my desk. My mind is full of Christmassy ideas. I am thinking I will start with some decorations, just to get me in the mood.

my desk with Christmas fabrics "poured" on it

4 comments:

Karen said...

Very nice, Christmas is coming fast!

Sarah said...

Oh no not already no no no no!!!

Having said that - I think that nativity scene is beautiful : o )

Daisy Jayne said...

Christmas is coming so fast where did January to August GO..... love the vintage fabric

MarneyMay said...

I like the colours used for the nativity scene. Miss 26 is very talented.
Pauline