Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Taking a ride.....

Today Miss 25, Mr 11 and I are going for a ride.

We're on the Overland on our way to visit our Adelaide family. We have never travelled on the train before, we're trying it out! It has to be more relaxing for me (no driving) and I'm hoping to get something stitchy done today!

I have a drawstring bag set up for stitching and I've begun.

It takes the same amount of time as driving, but you can stitch! Still, I'm not sure yet if I like it. I'll let you know!

11 comments:

Dolores said...

Have fun in Adelaide and I hope the train journey is enjoyable. At least you won't have to deal with roadworks, just hope there's no trackwork!! :-)

Lurline said...

Looks great so far - looking forward to the final verdict!
Hugs - Lurline.

Jindi's Cottage said...

I've given serious consideration to the Overland option instead of driving to Adelaide but it hasn't won the toss yet...will be interested to see your review of the trip. I used to get so much stitching done when I commuted every day to the City by train and I always think I'm wasting stitching time driving...and you get to avoid the National Roadworks...Enjoy your trip and playing with those grandies...

Anonymous said...

Hope you did enjoy the train ride, with the cost of petrol as well as the idiot drivers on the road it must be a little safer too.

Pip said...

Well if you can get more stitching done and there are no roadworks it must be a win.

Lorraine said...

Hope you enjoyed the train ride.....I would have fallen asleep before the train left metro Melbourne.....much better than driving???

Annabella said...

Hope you get lots of done - you can stitch and have a cup of coffee...you can`t do that when driving! Have fun in Adelaide.

Shay said...

Eeeekkkkkkkkkk! How long are you here for? Any chance of a weekend catch up?????

Lotti said...

Have fun .... hopefully it will be better than driving and will give you some time to stitch, maybe with a little sleep time added in there. Hope the seats are comfy.

Karen said...

Looks like a great trip - have fun!

Sarah said...

Enjoy Adelaide and seeing the grandkidlets!

I am surprised it takes about the same time as driving. Thought it would be faster. It is more economical than fuel and wear and tear of the car?

I like the colours of your pies (wink)