Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Friday 18 May 2012

Favourite Things Friday

 I am linking up with Shay's Favourite Things Friday today. I love FTF, I just don't always quite get there at the end of the week. This week I have, and I am thrilled!

Front

Back

This bag is one of my favourite things. It is a well loved and well worn bag made by my daughter picklesticks. I call it "A Walk in the Woods". It isn't mine, but I love it anyway. She was a teenager when she made it and already the queen of needle turn applique. It reminds me of all the fun sewing days we had together when she lived at home, all the wonderful times we had buying fabric at the patchwork apple (great fabric!) and a life from long ago! Good times! (As my 23 year old son would say.)

Check out other favourite things here.

8 comments:

thea said...

What a great bag! and such wonderful memories tied to it. Nice favorite.

Michelle Ridgway said...

How nice is that...love the bag and great memories for you of fun times.

Lotti said...

That bag is just gorgeous. What a clever lady your daughter is to have made that bag.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

What a great favorite. It's a pretty bag but the memories it brings are even more beautiful!

Angie in SoCal said...

Wonderful bag!

Kate said...

Fun bag, with such great memories. It's easy to see why it's a favorite.

Shay said...

Ms. Picklesticks certainly has some awesome skills. That bag is just gorgeous. I almost feel like I'm in the woods just looking at it.

Great favourite Kris.

Karen said...

What a precious bag - I can see why it is such a favourite for you :)