Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Saturday 19 May 2012

Quilting

The view on my enlarged quilting table
I had planned to spend all day today quilting. This was before I woke up and faced the realities of my life! Of course, not everything I did was unenjoyable. We made a visit to our local Farmer's Market our first job for the day, eating breakfast there and enjoying the rain. Then we did the weekly shopping and started running children around to their various activities. I finished up at 4pm and then began quilting. My Bradley carried on running kids around until 6:30pm. Not fair really, but he is a kind soul and knew I wanted to quilt. I have been quilting the reproduction nine patch quilt that I put together this week. It is the first quilt that I have quilted on my new table. So far so good. I am really liking the new table! The quilt is a fair size, about 72" by 45", and it has been quite easy to handle on the big surface of my table. I am planning to get the main part of the quilting finished tonight and then quilt the border and bind it tomorrow. I had best get back to the quilting!

the view from my seat

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Ohhh I like the look of that quilt!

Dolores said...

Oh, you're just showing off! :-) Seriously, it's fantastic that you've got such a brilliant set up.

Jantine said...

It is great to have a partner to know sometimes you just need to do some stitching to keep sane!

Pip said...

I like how you say "I woke up and faced the realities of my life" :)

It certainly makes a difference with a bigger table supporting the weight of larger quilts, I found my arms weren't as tired as I didn't have to wrestle the quilt very much.

Shay said...

The table set up makes it look far easier than the wrangling I've been doing lately.

That husband of yours is a keeper.

Lotti said...

I really love this quilt. That man of yours is great and yes, definitely a keeper. Have fun quilting, but I don't really need to say that, because I know that you always do.

Leanne said...

I am impressed with that beautifully rolled quilt. If you could see how I jam my quilts in my machine to quilt them LOL.