Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Friday 4 May 2012

May the fourth be with you!

Well, it's finally here! We spent all day finishing costumes, baking and setting up.

Right now there are Star Wars movies on, Star Wars board games being played and lightsabers glowing.

My guys are dressed up and some of their friends came dressed up too!

Of course, I still haven't seen any of the Star Wars movies and plan to keep it that way. I'm really not into Sci-fi myself. People who know my kids assume I must be because they are so into it. I guess I just like to support my kids in their interests. Well, it's the least I can do. They all support me in my sewing! (You know, have dinner late without complaining when I'm in the middle of a project or cook dinner for me if I'm really into it!)

I'll leave you with a photo of the fire pit. I'm not sure whether they had toasted marshmallows in Star Wars or not, but my kids insisted they were essential!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

SO COOL. I would love to be there just to soak the vibe - says me who is so not into sci fi...

Lorraine said...

I have never seen a Star Wars movie either....and plan to keep it that way.....so we really are twins separated at birth LOL ...and look at Mr Star Wars caterer in the background with tea towel in hand.....what a guy!! Looks like everyone got into the spirit of the day/evening.....

Dolores said...

My eldest is a huge Star Wars fan, he would be so impressed with your party. I have to say that I hate sci-fi movies but I can tolerate the original Star Wars movie, it's not too bad. I first saw it when I was 5yrs old and then again last year when the kids started getting into it. We have had the others here from the Video Shop but I'm always too busy to watch them.

Shay said...

Utterly utterly the coolest thing I have seen in ages. Even Miss P was impressed!