Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 19 November 2007

Something else I made.

It's a bag. I think I like making bags. I'm not sure if this is because I love bags so much or if I just appreciate the utillitarian aspects of bags. I have stuff, and I need something to carry it around in. There's also the decorative aspect of bags to be taken into consideration. If you have some really groovey fabric what better way to show it off than draping it over your shoulder?


This bag was made from some of a "jellyroll" I bought from the patchwork apple. (I love that shop!) I quite like jellyrolls because they have the entire range of fabric contained within them. I don't know what quilting shops are like where you live, but here in Adelaide you don't often get access to an entire range of fabric. Even if Jane (the patchapple lady) ordered an entire range she might not get it. Especially if it is popular in other states. We in Adelaide have to be happy with dregs or shop on-line. I have never done that, but it's something I'm now considering seriously! What's your best place to shop on-line for fabric?

3 comments:

Kate said...

Love the bag - I love buying stacks of fabric from the same range - at least I know something will match with it.

Donna said...

Hi Kris, thaks for visting my blog. I love your moda bag and good use of the lovely tape they use to tie them with. Sounds like you have the same quilt shop woes that I have in the Blue Mountains NSW. So hard to find what I want so 90% of the time I buy on line.

Donna said...

Hi Kris, thaks for visting my blog. I love your moda bag and good use of the lovely tape they use to tie them with. Sounds like you have the same quilt shop woes that I have in the Blue Mountains NSW. So hard to find what I want so 90% of the time I buy on line.

I resubmitted this comment Kris as my profile dropped my name for some reason and replaced it with a dot!! Blogger likes to play silly buggers sometimes doesnt it?