Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Friday 9 November 2007

My week

I can't believe that it is Friday! This week has gone by so quickly. Well, I have achieved some things. Mr 13's room is finished and today we will move him in. I'll show you some photos when his furniture is in. I have also been to IKEA twice. Okay. I know it's an obsession. It's up there with fabric and patchwork shops in my life. Anyway, I have a good excuse for the two visits. I went to help two different people. I have also signed up to make a softie for Mirabel and Mike. Notice I said "signed up" and not "made". I don't often make softies, but it seems like a good cause so I thought I would help out.

This photo is another one taken at Melba's (the chocolate factory) on the weekend. Don't you just love trees? I do. I couldn't resist taking a photo of this beautiful fig tree. Fruit trees are one of my favourite types of trees. I also love tree shade. I remember being a small child when I realised that the shade from trees was "better" than other shade. It's cooler and more refreshing than man made shade. Living in a hot place I appreciate the quality of tree shade.
These jam labels are also from Melba's. I took this photo because I remember the jam label's from my breakfast table as a child. Growing up I was an avid reader and I spent a lot of time looking at labels because they had words on them.
This is Mr 7 on a comfy chair at Melba's. The chair was carved out of a piece of wood and he loved it! It fitted him perfectly! Back to the crafting grindstone!

2 comments:

laura said...

Hi kris
Thaks for your mail'
Your blog looks so 'inviting' want to go to adelaide when I read your stuff.
* children did I read this wright,Ive got 3 and thought that was much!We were thinking about number 4 but...no.Where will my time be>...wat about me,myself and I.Sounds horrible.
How do you do it,Ive got a lot of admiring for you!!!!
Laura

Life's little stuff said...

hiya
how true - tree shade is the best! I have to plant some trees and to satisfy everyone it has to be a shade and a fruit tree . Which tree do you think would fit that best? : )
btw loved our craft day. have to do it again.
huggs Tina