Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 23 April 2012

Stitching

 I have been thinking for some time now that I need some stitching set up to take with me when I'm out waiting. Perhaps I have put it off because I haven't had to do much waiting of late. Yesterday I got out the threads and pattern I bought from Marg Low at the AQC. The pattern is for a pouch to keep your four Aurifil thread spools in. Such a pretty and clever idea!


So I traced the stitching design and began stitching. I hadn't realised just how much I miss stitching when I don't have any on the go.


I am going to stitch a little more today. And maybe start on those chair covers I talked about a week or so ago. I am hopeless when doing anything I haven't done before. I have to think and think about it and it's process, and then I avoid doing it. Why? Maybe because it might be hard? So maybe I will make those chair covers this week. Maybe.





4 comments:

Q said...

your stitchery looks really cute! I am the same with things I have never done, I am spending a lot of time procrastinating about mini things at the moment, I think it is fear of failure. Just remember you have way more fun when you actually do it, than when you think about doing it. and how awesome it feels after!

Looking forward to seeing the chair covers

Lotti said...

Oh that sounds just like me. I put off doing things because I'm afraid I won't do them very well. Instead of just getting on with it and dealing with what comes along. I also think about things too much before I do them, which doesn't help.

I'm sure that you will do a great job on the seat covers and I can't wait to see them finished.

Sharon said...

I do the same thing! I have been going to make a fabric covered notice board for about 5 years now! I finally bit the bullet last week and bought a staple gun so maybe some time in the next 5 years it will get done! Good luck with the chair covers.

Shay said...

Looking pretty Kris. I miss hand stitching when I don't have any to do too (Who would have thought I'd be saying that a couple of years ago!)

I procrastinate on new projects too. The chair I bought to recover months ago is still sitting in my lounge with the ugly fabric firmly intact!