Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Saturday 7 January 2012

Some sewing

 It has been a week pretty much empty of sewing here. I sometimes wonder where all the hours I have at my disposal go. That's something I want to concentrate on this year. Making the most of the time I have. This week has been devoted to trawling realestate.com.au and looking at houses and thinking about how I really don't want to move. A bit self-absorbed and pointless! So today I decided to get stuck into some sewing. I started working on my SKoW (stitch-a-long) but that just wasn't cutting it today, so I got out a fat 1/8 pack that I bought from Hettie's Patch last time I was in Adelaide.

Good Fortune by Kate Spain
I was looking for something fresh and "Good Fortune" by Kate Spain caught my eye. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but when I was tidying my sewing desk one day before Christmas I saw some Moda Bella grey in the fabric cupboard. It reminded me of good fortune immediately. So I put it in the Hettie's bag to wait.



As you can see, I got it out of the bag today. Ironed it. Cut it up and started sewing it into some nine-patches. (I really love nine-patches for some reason. They always come to my mind.) I thought I might get the nine-patches together, but didn't quite get that far. Tomorrow.

4 comments:

Shay said...

Very pretty fabrics Kris. One of my goals for 2012 is to make a quilt with grey as the accent colour.

It's been a week pretty much devoid of sewing here too!

Leanne said...

You are powering ahead and it is lovely fresh fabric to inspire you.

Janine said...

love that fabric - just recently treated myself to a layer cake.
good luck with the house hunting.

Lotti said...

I love the fabric, it's really pretty. Good luck with the sewing and even better luck with the house hunting. Hope you find the right place soon.