Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Thursday 15 July 2010

Sewing day

Today was sewing day at Mrs 25's house. We (Miss 13, Mr 9 and me) arrived late morning, set up and sewed into the afternoon. I sewed the aforementioned (forgotten) shaggy flannel quilt. You know, until I made my first shaggy flannel quilt a couple of years ago, I really didn't like those quilts. I always called them cheat quilts. I have made so many this year! It is because they are the warmest snuggliest quilts and my kids all want their own. (Still got one who wants one, so I'm not done yet.)


Miss 13 started a moda "pure" quilt top. She surprised me today with her patchwork knowledge. I was ready to help her, but she knew it all. There was some babysitting done by Mrs 25. She was binding a quilt that she has been working on this week. Granddaughter made sure she didn't get too much done!

The boys (Mr 9 and grandson) played shops, cubby houses, posted mail, ate (and ate and ate), and watched a video. There were some altercations but mostly it was a happy day.

Miss 13 really got to grips with string piecing...........




All in all a really fun day. We decided we should do it again soon!

7 comments:

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

That looks like a fantastic day!

Chookyblue...... said...

oh what a lovely day...........perfect........

Anonymous said...

wow looks like a wonderful day with the family.

cheers
Christine

Levin said...

i love sewing together.....it's so much more fun than doing it on your own. i wish my sewing family lived closer to me so we could do it more often. here's hoping there are more of these days for all of us in the future :)
l
x

Pip said...

Must be nice to have a day together sewing and chatting. The shaggy quilt came out well, I keep seeing them and thinking that I must make one myself, it's on the "to make one day" list anyway.

Liz said...

It's really the best isn't it...?
Lizzie
xxx

Louise said...

I so wish I'd been born into a family who crafted. You are all so talented. It looks such good fun to me. x