Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Friday 30 July 2010

Red club No. 3

Red club! I had a great afternoon today. Marg Low's red club at the patchwork apple. Our red club is a great group! I really enjoyed sewing with them today. Loz had her red club last Saturday, so I kind of knew what the small quilt was going to look like. (Go to her blog to check out the finished small quilt!) I got the initial square done and twenty squares of triangles. (I'm sure you don't know what I mean by that because reading it back I don't know what I mean!) Anyway. I have 40 more squares to make which should be a snap because Sara (the patchwork apple's teacher) showed us a really quick and easy way to make them. Even as I sewed the first 20 squares I had no idea how they would turn out. (Hey! Twenty squares from two pieces of fabric? Not gonna happen!) I just sewed, and sewed, and sewed, then looked at the sewing. Thought for a moment. Then realised that it was entirely possible that 20 squares would emerge once I had cut along the pencil marks.

Loz and I are off to Pt Pirie this weekend to a class with Gail Pan and Natalie Ross. I think I have all the luck! I will report back on my excellent weekend soon!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Red Club quilt looks great, i have mine this far too and have changed the triangles... wanted it smaller...Have a ball with Loz and Gail plus Nat....Lucky girls...
hugs Dawn x x x

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

I love red. Good quilt shops are hard to find. There is a new one opening near me in September - I have very high hopes.

Elisabeth said...

Like your block, it is lovely in red.
Elisabeth

Lorraine said...

we will be off to Port Pirie if I ever get packed! Am puppy sitting tonight and the two of them are putting my excellent ringmaster skills to the test....and the cats haven't come out tonight ...I wouldn't subject them to these two ruffians!

Chookyblue...... said...

have a wonderful weekend with Loz.......

Marg said...

Hi Kris,

So glad your enjoying the Red club. Love the fabrics - you must be finished by now!

Pip said...

I knew what you meant about 20 squares of triangles. Your red quilt looks good, I must stop looking at other quilts, I don't need to start (or even think about starting) another quilt.