Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 10 November 2008

I quilted.

First doll quilt quilted. I'm calling this one "daisy blue". I quilted in the ditch and put a daisy in each square. I'm pretty good at quilting in the ditch (my quilting stand-by!), but the freemotion daisies were the practise pieces! They're not too bad.

Bunches of people at our house are sick. We spent the weekend in bed wishing we could get up and do something! Sore throats and headaches, tonsilitis, and one glandular fever wannabe. (We find out the blood test results this afternoon.) Today I have felt well enough to sew, so the world is improving!

15 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

The quilting looks great!! Love the daisies!

Lotti said...

Love the daisies they look gorgeous....really pretty. Hope you all get better soon....sorry to hear that you are sick.

Unknown said...

You've done a Great job on the Quilting...sorry to hear your House is in Sickness..Not good that Glandular Fever have had that myself..Rest is all you can do...Hope all gets better for you soon.
cheers
maree

Gina said...

Great quilting.

I'm sorry you all feel so under the weather. I'm sending loads of positive vibes

love and hugs Gina xxx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope you are all feeling better soon. Love the daisy quilting !

Jantine said...

Love the quilting! Good job! Hope everyone is feeling better soon! Just wonder what you do with the thread to keep the beginning and ending from walking away...

Jo-Anne said...

So sorry to hear about you having sickness at your house. I hope all is well very soon!!!

I think the little quilt is simply lovely. The daisies are so cute! Well done, you!

Kate said...

Great quilting - hope you are all better soon.

Sarah said...

Well done!!! I hate ditch stitching. I wished I liked it as much as you!

Lurline said...

Your cute daisies make others happy, so hope you get well soon!
Hugs - Lurline!

Leanne said...

Oh Kris it must be Adelaide we have the skull and crossbones on the gate also...... and there aren't as many of us. Love the quilt.

NoƩmia said...

Hope you and the others get well soon! Nice quilt!

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

the quilting looks great! Sorry you are all sick. ecks. That's not fun. I hope everyone is feeling well soon.

picklesticks said...

The quilting is great! It has inspired me to do some of my own.

MissyMack said...

Beautiful quilting and the daisies are gorgeous! A really nice touch!
Hope you are all feeling better soon.