Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Wednesday 16 April 2008

The things you find!

This week I have been sorting fabric. It's the next phase in my year of organisation. I have had fabric stored in a shed. Not the best place to keep it, but the only place during our renovations. Not only did I sort through fabric, but I found some almost forgotten quilting projects too!


Some reverse applique, some nine patches, and some sixteen patches. Each was an exciting discovery. I struggled to remember what my plan for the sixteen patches was. (Still can't remember!) Now I'm all excited and longing to get to my sewing machine and finish these quilts. Hopefully this excitement will spur me on to quickly finish sorting in my sewing room and start sewing.

Another fun thing was just being able to look at and touch all my fabrics. Mostly I remember when and where I got them, even who was with me at the time. Talk about memory lane. Well, back to the sorting!

6 comments:

Katherine said...

What lovely surprises you had stored away! I see some quilts in your future...
Happy stitiching!

Bird Bath said...

You have some great material to work with there! Sometimes just sittind amongst the fabric can be fun & inspiring...but I always struggle with the follow through.

Levin said...

oooh i love finds like that. like you said, it's not just finding the fabric, it's reliving the memories. i hope you get sewing soon!
l
x

Kate said...

I love sorting my fabrics and finding surprises 0 kind of like shopping without spending any money!

dutchcomfort said...

Great finds and lovely memories! Last week I’ve organized my fabric stash and I loved to think back where every piece was bought too! (and all the plans I had to turn them into one of those gorgeous projects...!)

dutchcomfort said...

Great finds and lovely memories! Last week I’ve organized my fabric stash and I loved to think back where every piece was bought too! (and all the plans I had to turn them into one of those gorgeous projects...!)