Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Tuesday 22 April 2008

A Ritual at our House

Are you taller? It's an important question that needs answering at our house. Everyone who is still growing delights in being measured every now and then. Mostly when some parent has said, 'Are you taller?'
Not much is happening here on the craft front. I am still sorting and organising my craft room, along with all the extra things that are required of Mothers in the school holidays. (Even Mothers who homeschool! That's when all sorts of things kids are interested in are concentrated! It's also when their schooled friends are available to play, and sleepover, and play, and play.)

This time last week I had seven extras for dinner due to all the comings and goings of friends. They love it, so it is all worth it, but it keeps you busy! The younger kids and I went to see 'Horton Hears a Who' at the Semaphore Odeon Star last week too. They enjoyed it (especially the 7 year old!) and I love taking the kids to Semaphore to see a movie because they have an everybody $7 a movie policy. It just makes movie going so much more affordable! Miss 11 is keen to see 'Nim Island' now (darn those trailers!) so hopefully that will be on the cards this week. Tomorrow I'm planning (translation, desperate) to get my sewing room finished so that I can sew again! Watch this space.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope your sewing space gets sorter out soon!!!! I am just loving mine so much - thanks for your lovely comment. As you are sorting out yours mine is probably becoming more and more messy!!! oooops! I am glad to hear the elephant song has a legacy in your home too!! It is so cute and how special to share it soon with a new little miracle. Gotta love little bubbas!!

Levin said...

did you enjoy horton? i wanted to take louis but he said he wants to see spiderwick which i think is too scary for him (and me!!)
emily saw nim's island and loved it. fortunately she is at an age where she can go with her friends so it's not as expensive for me. semaphore is a great idea - i don't know why movies have to cost so much!!
good luck getting your sewing room sorted so you can start sewing soon!
l
x

Louise said...

I hope you can get the sewing room sorted soon, you need somewhere to store all those tape measures! I stopped measuring myself when I got to 5 foot 1 and a half! x