Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Friday 1 February 2008

Shhhhhhhh! It's a secret!

Who can believe that it's February already! Time flies, and yet this has been a long week. Despite the fact that we had a public holiday on Monday and it was a short week! Not a lot of crafting, but we did have some excitement. Mrs 23 (Picklesticks) is pregnant and had her ultrasound this week. She was excited because there actually IS a baby in there. She was convinced that she was feeling sick for no good reason, but was thrilled to see a wriggling, kicking baby on the screen! We were excited because now we know what kind of baby she is having. I just checked her blog and she hasn't posted anything about her ultrasound, so I'm not going to say anything. Anyway, back to the craft. I have been knitting baby trousers for my future grandchild this week. I'm using Paton's Dreamtime in Navy and White that I got from Kmart in Mt Gambier. I must have been inspired! I love the yarn! It's so wonderful to knit with.


I am also working on the quilt back. I'm still not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it, but I decided to start piecing and see what happens!

I have some scraps of the American Jane fabric, some of the black and white fabrics, and some solids that I'm going to mix-up somehow tomorrow. After the basketball of course.

2 comments:

Claire said...

How exciting for you, congratulations!! There seems to be a baby boom where i live at the moment it's making me feel quite broody! My middle boy who is 6 would love a sister bless him...
Just think of all the lovely baby things you can knit now!!

Kate said...

oh how exciting! I love quilt backs that are all pieces - yours will look great!