Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Monday 18 February 2008

The Engagement Quilt

I showed you bits and pieces of this quilt top last year, and here it is again! Mrs 23 (Picklesticks) organized this for my niece's engagement party as a memento of the evening. We encouraged everyone to draw or write a message to the happy couple. This was something we did for Mrs 23 and she loved it so much she wanted her cousin to have one too. Of course, Mrs 23 then fell pregnant (a good thing!) and had 24 hour sickness (not so good! It's kind of insulting to call it morning sickness when it lasts all day and night!) and still is not feeling the best. So, I started to put this together last year and then put it in a safe place (you know that, right?) where I unearthed it from last week. I think I need to finish it because the happy couple are married now and need their keepsake!

Thank you for all your congratulations on my 100th post! I was thrilled to read them all! I am still knitting the stripey rug and believe my future holds sewing. Clothes, soft furnishings, quilts, accessories - I'm not fussy! Any or all of the above would work for me this week!

4 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

I have never heard of an engagement quilt before, but I think it is a fabulous idea!

dutchcomfort said...

What a wonderful idea to make an engagement quilt. There is so much to discover in the picture!

Katherine said...

Great idea, Kris! What a wonderful keepsake that the happy couple can use. Can't wait to see how you finish this off.

Kate said...

What agreat quilt!