Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Friday 18 January 2008

No organising, but some knitting!

As you can tell from my thirty days of the everyday I have not been at home this week. On Sunday afternoon my Bradley said, "Do you want to come to Naracoorte with me for a couple of days?" I thought it would be fun because he organised for Miss 17 and Mr 19 to look after the kids while we (well, I really, cause Brad had to work) had a little break. We left on Sunday evening and pitched our tent just as it was becoming dark. One of the first things I noticed coming in to Naracoorte was this brilliant Aussie flag painted on the roof of the local scout hall. It was obviously done quite some time ago, but I just loved it. The scout hall was across the road from the caravan park we stayed in, so I got to look at it lots and lots!


While we were in Naracoorte Brad's work increased and we even had to go to Mt Gambier. I spent lots of time knitting. Knitting, exploring and sleeping were my 3 big main events this week! I finally managed to finish this baby singlet! I took this photo of it out the front of our tent. I wanted to show off my new knitting bag I got from Woolies in Naracoorte too! This is a tiny singlet, but it took me ages to finish it. I don't think I'm up to knitting jumpers yet!!!


Naracoorte has a community swimming lake. How cool is that? I believe that it is chlorinated and ranges from shallows to deep spots. It has pontoons stretching out into it. While we were there they had a lifeguard on duty. Heaps of people used it - even at night. AND, it was free. I was blown away by this amazing community resource.

Everything was so green in Naracoorte and Mt Gambier. Such a contrast to Adelaide! Whilst Brad was in his meeting in Mt Gambier I went to Umpherston cave. (After I had checked out all the fabric and quilting and yarn shops I could find, of course!) The last time I was there was about 17 years ago, cause Miss 17 was just a baby! I walked down into the cave (OK. It used to be a cave, but a long time ago the roof came off - gradually I guess - and now it's a sinkhole.) and sprained my ankle. Really badly. I was carrying my lovely lump of six month old babiness and fell awkwardly because I was trying to save her - which I did, fortunately! The sinkhole has wonderful gardens around it and in it. They also have a brilliant bbq and shade/picnic tables area too. I spent quite some time there knitting!

They have lots of trailing plants that grow down into the sinkhole.
It's a lovely place to spend time. So, next time you are in Mt Gambier make sure to stop there for lunch! So, I spent most of the week lazing around. It was a good week. I'd like to do the same next week, but I guess it's back to the organising.

1 comment:

Yarnsticksbooks said...

Your break at Naracoorte sounds lovely. My Grandma used to live there and I'd love to go one day and see the old house.
I really don't remember much from the infrequent visits during childhood so I would be going back as a very nosy adult.