Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Friday 25 March 2011

Sewing Today

No, I didn't sew this dress for Miss 14 to pose on the stairs with. (She is at a dance tonight in it.) I just altered it for her. We found it at the Salvos a few weeks ago. She liked it a lot, but it wasn't her size. That didn't deter us, because we can sew. We were also undeterred because most things in the shops don't fit her either. She is unique! So today I unpicked this dress and then put it back together again to fit her. I took the sides in (which involved taking out and putting the zip back in), took the back in, and took in the shoulder seams too. It doesn't sound much, but took all afternoon. Worth every minute though, because she was over the moon. I hope to do some "fun" sewing tomorrow. (I spent this afternoon tearing my hair out!!!)

11 comments:

Shontelle said...

You rule Kris! What an effort. I hope she has a great time.

Sue said...

She looks gorgeous! I always wish they would do a challenge at the salvos on Project Runway...you have inspired me!

dutch sisters said...

She looks great! you put so much work in making it now it fit's perfectly. wel done

Suzanne said...

What a great Mom you are...that sounded like alot of unsewing! It's hard to find decent/modest/well made clothes sometimes.

Chookyblue...... said...

so basically you sew the whole dress...........lol.........she looks lovely..........

Shay said...

I'm sure you put that bit about the zip in there to taunt me...

The dress looks fabulous. Worth the loss of your hair I'd say, since she looks wonderful.

Hope she enjoyed the dance and that you do get to some fun sewing today.

Joolz said...

Another unique person! I am unique too - long skinny legs & thighs (size 12 bum), way too big around my middle (read barrell, size 14-16), big boobs (16DD). Aaargh!

I would rather go food shopping with 8 children in tow on the day before a long weekend - than go clothes shopping!

I am in a lather because I need new jeans and work slacks for winter and guess what? They don't do my size!

Miss 14's dress is lovely - would you come alter some stuff for me??

Joolz :)

Sarah said...

WOW you are amazing - I would have NO idea how to do that!

dutchcomfort said...

I’m sure she was over the moon! Wow, you are so clever!

Abby and Stephanie said...

How wonderful you can alter. My daughter is unique too (tiny) and she's a hard one to shop for, especially pants! I don't sew clothes though. Your daughter looks quite stylish.

sandra said...

Job well done!