Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Sunday 20 March 2011

Feathers - Snappy Friends Challenge

This week's Snappy Friends challenge was "feathers". I have been struggling with it all week. Do you know how hard it is to capture birds on film? Well, not really film, but you know what I mean. Yesterday when we were on the road to Monbulk we noticed Grant's Picnic Ground. There always seems to be so many cars there when we pass. A really popular spot. We thought that there always are lots of people picnicing there. Yesterday I noticed some picnicers as we passed and they definitely weren't human! So we resolved to return today.

And this is what they were picnicing on! Bird seed. People bring bird seed to feed the birds.


Some feathers of the most populous birds there. Yes, sulphur-crested cockatoos. We sometimes hear them here at our house. They are sooooo loud! Real screechers.



There were also some galahs. Some small mostly red parrots (not sure what they are, apart from elusive cause I didn't get a photo of them!). And one crow.

As we walked a little further on my Bradley spied a kookaburra. I was thrilled because we hear them here at home every day, but I haven't managed to actually see one since we moved in. So, this is feathers. Tomorrow I will share my Doll Quilt Swap quilt that I received last week. Keep forgetting to photograph it until it's too dark! It's absolutely lovely, so I want the photo to do it justice!

7 comments:

Sue said...

What a lovely place you have found! The colours of the trees is just beautiful - dont you just love tree bark?

Suzanne said...

Very nice photo challenge. I have a appliqued block of a kookaburra I receieved many years ago in a swap...love it!

dutchcomfort said...

Wonderful pictures Kris! Those trees are so tall! You really live in Fairy Tale land!

Jodi Pharo said...

Love the pictures! What a wonderful place!!

dutch sisters said...

You spotted some beautiful birds Kris. And a beautiful place for a picknic.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks great Kris........some of my favourite birds here.........

Leanne said...

I would be in heaven there. Great snaps. I have been a very slack blogger of late will try and improve.