Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of eight and grandmother of four who loves to make and create. Rosemary Hill is the name of our home where we live, work, learn and create together

Wednesday 23 March 2011

The Crochet Rug for Her


I have been crocheting. A rug for the new granddaughter. As soon as I saw this on my camera screen I knew the colours were wrong. Yes, it is orange, green and yellow. Just not quite this saturated. I am having fun with this. I have kind of thought that I should perhaps be making something more useful for this baby, or possibly even for the grandchildren that are already here and will feel the winter when it actually begins. When that thought comes to me I just think, "Yep. As soon as I finish this." This rug is so much fun and I am so enjoying it! I am a crocheter from way back. I crocheted when it wasn't trendy. (My Mum taught me how the last time it was trendy. Remember the 70's?) Just as it became trendy my hands ached every time I picked up a hook. My doctor diagnosed arthritis. I stopped crocheting. Well, this rug has been in my head for about three months now so I thought I might just get it out. As for my hands? So far so good. I am not crocheting as fast as I used to. Maybe going slowly will be the way I can work it out. For me it is a happy week. For crochet, it just may signal the beginning of the end as far as it's popularity goes.

6 comments:

Joolz said...

Hi Kris

Lucy at Attic24 (www.attic24.typepad.com) will blow your mind with her colourful, beautiful hooky goodness. She lives in a house full of rainbows and everything is deliciously crocheted!
Just thought I'd tell ya...

Joolz

Life's little stuff said...

Cool Kris. I love it. Its warm and sunny. A very happy rug.
Hugs Tina

Frogdancer said...

Eleanor learned how to crochet when we went to Craft Camp. She was so delighted. TYour granny squares reminded me of her.

Jantine said...

I am glad the crocheting leaves you without pain this time! Just enjoy it and take your time. The other grandkids have had their turn and will get their turn again too! I am pretty sure about that!

Jo-Anne said...

I think the colors are quite fun! I am sure your new little one will get much use out of her new rug.
I've been feeling the itch to crochet myself, but I don't know what to do just yet....still in the thinking stages, I suppose.
oxox
Jo-Anne

Pip said...

The rug will be useful for the baby, the colours are lovely and so is the pattern. I'm still dreaming about crocheting a ripple blanket - one day.